Last night I whipped up something quick and found it to be quite yummy! I was doing our weekly meal prep because our weekend was so busy but I also needed something for dinner. I used the things I had on hand (chicken, quinoa pasta, broccoli & cheese) to make a dish! My TasteyTip is to shop for things that are ON SALE then come home and find recipes for those items!!! It is SO silly to make a plan and then have to go buy the most expensive meat that week!!! We always go to the store and buy the fruit, veggies, and meat that are ON SALE! We are teachers (and a trainer I guess) and we cannot afford to just buy WHATEVER we want at the store. We are also shopping for food for Lola now so we have MORE food to buy!!! Do you have any grocery shopping tips? Share below with me!
Ingredients: 2 lbs Chicken Breast, 2 Heads of Broccoli, Box of Quinoa Pasta, 1/2 Cup Mozzarella Cheese, Salt/Pepper, Mrs. Dash’s Seasoning of Choice, Olive Oil
1) Chop up the Broccoli and saute in a pan with Olive Oil and Sea Salt until tender. Put on simmer to steam.
2) Chop up Chicken Breasts (can cook them whole too) into bite sized pieces. Cook in a pan with olive oil and Mrs. Dash’s seasoning until cooked through.
3) Add the box of Quinoa Pasta to boiling water. DO NOT OVER COOK! My box often says 7 minutes.
4) After cooked, add one cup of pasta water to a bowl or cup. Drain and raise pasta.
5) Add pasta, pasta water and Cheese into a pan on low heat until combined. Add Chicken & Broccoli. Stir until combined and season with salt and pepper to taste.
(Coming soon…. Oatmeal Peanut Butter Cookies! Healthy of COURSE!)