Well today we had a little fun with Slimmy Colored Spaghetti. It is super simple to make. I gave Lola about half of the spaghetti to play with today & I will give it to her one more time this week. This week I am going to do my BEST to make sure we at least have a Halloween activity each day. Right before lunch & nap time seems to be the hardest time of the day (with me) for Lola. Therefore, if I have something “fun” planned, it makes the morning happier!
For our Colored Spaghetti:
- Food Coloring
- Vegetable Oil
- Spiders, Eyeballs, etc (add-ins to play with)
- Cook your spaghetti as directed on the package.
- After the spaghetti is fully cooked, drain and wash with COLD water.
- Separate pasta into different containers (one for each color)
- Add food coloring AFTER the pasta has cooled until desired color. (This would be fun to have bigger kiddos help with!)
- Add a little vegetable oil to each container.
- I let mine sit for a little while so the food coloring would absorb & not get on Lola’s hands. It was about an hour & we had no problems! Not sure you HAVE to let it set that long.
- Add your “add ins” and have fun!
Check back daily this week to see what we are up to! Share what you are doing with your littles for Halloween!