I love making recipes after a grocery run! Seems like I have all the essential goodies that I love to cook with. At the top of that list are olives and cherry tomatoes. I can hardly wait for my cherry tomatoes in the garden to get red! Many tomato recipes to come. Stay tuned!
Last night after relaxing on the deck with hubby and having a drink I decided I would whip up a little pasta salad that we could have for lunches this week. It didn’t end up lasting too long because Brett actually wanted to eat some! He hates olives! These are all super simple ingredients that most people have laying around in their house. Aren’t those the best kind of recipes?
Simple Tuna Pasta with Olives
- 12 oz Whole Wheat Pasta
- 1 12 oz Can Tuna Chunk Light, drained
- 1/2 Cup Olives, Sliced
- 1/2 Cup Cherry Tomatoes, Sliced
- 1/4 Olive Oil (I used rice tasting olive oil for dressings)
- 2 T. Lemon Juice
- 1 T. Garlic, Minced
- 1 T. Red Wine Vinegar
- Salt & Fresh Pepper to taste
- Parmesan Cheese, Grated (Optional)
- Cook pasta according to directions on box. Drain and pour cooked pasta to a large mixing bowl. Let cool for a few minutes. (Tip- While cooling slice your tomatoes & olives)
- Add drained tuna, olives, and cherry tomatoes to the pasta bowl and combine.
- Add the last 5 ingredients into a mason jar, add a lid and shake!
- Taste the dressing then add the amount of salt and pepper to your liking.
- Pour dressing over the pasta mixture and combine.
- Add your Parmesan cheese to the top if desired. Enjoy!
This recipe is perfect for summer lunches at work or even to take to a summer get together! Soon there will be tomatoes galore or keep this recipe in mind!