If you know me, you know I LOVE peanut butter. I eat this exact oatmeal almost every day. I not only use this recipe for breakfast but I often eat a smaller portion for a snack throughout the day. Below I will share the base of the recipe and some toppings that you can use to “mix up” your own recipe. We all have specific preferences so I wanted to be open to various toppings when sharing.
These oats are super creamy & satisfying!!! They are simple to make and I would recommend making more than one at a time. When I make numerous oats for the week I add all my ingredients except the milk. I pop a lid on them and I keep them in my pantry. You add milk the night before you want to use them!!!
If you are curious about the amazing benefits of oatmeal check out this post!
This picture has 1 Tbsp. Cocoa Powder as an addition to the recipe!
Peanut Butter Overnight Oats
- 3/4 Cup Old Fashioned Oats
- 1 Cup Unsweetened Almond Milk (or milk of your choice)
- 2 Tbsp Creamy Peanut Butter (heaping!)
- 1 Tbsp. Honey
- 1 Tbsp. Chia Seeds
- Add-Ins (Optional) : Chocolate Chips, Pecans, Almonds, Banana Chunks, Unsweetened Coconut, or Strawberry Slices.
- Find a mason jar(s) with a lid.
- Add all items, (except topping choices) add a lid, then shake up the mason jar. Really shake it up! Peanut butter does not need to be completely mixed up. It will be mixed when you warm it up in the morning.
- Take the lid off and add the topping of your choice to the top.
- Re-cover with lid and add to the refrigerator to sit overnight.
- In the morning, take out the jar. Remove the lid and microwave from 30 seconds- 1 minute depending on your heat preference. I personally just remove the chill with 30 seconds in the microwave.
This is how it will look in the morning! 30 seconds to a minute, stir & enjoy!
Check me out on Instagram for daily updates! Also, click “Follow” above so you will new when there are new posts!